Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Cups Service Limited, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Cups Service Limited is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Cups Service Limited uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable CSL to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Cups Service Limited only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Cups Service Limited and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Cups Service Limited will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Cups Service Limited is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- daily penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect the entire Cups Service Limited IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
Cups Service Limited will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from M&S asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Cups Service Limited and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- Cups Service Limited, or on behalf of Cups Service Limited, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Cups Service Limited.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
2. For Cups Service Limited to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
3. To enable Cups Service Limited to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. To enable Cups Service Limited meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.